It’s been one of those days. On my way home, I stopped off at the store. As I perused the meat department, my foggy mind desperately grasped for an idea for an easy meal. Out of the piles of trays, I saw a little pink tray with thinly cut pork chops. Perfect for my quick dinner. Of course, with the hyper-carmelized onions, it seemed like a dessert topping loaded on a hearty meal. Here is the wonderful recipe.
Fast and Easy Pork Chops with Hyper Caramelized Onions
Prep time: As fast as it takes you to heat up a pan and chop an onion (5 min.)
Cook time: 20-30 min.
- 4 thinly cut pork chops (bone in)
- 1 round onion (I used the sweet variety)
- Sea salt to taste
- Heat pan on medium high
- Melt a tablespoon of butter in pan
- Place 2 pork chops in pan (cook for 7 minutes)
- Lightly season with sea salt
- Turn over and cook for 7 more minutes
- Repeat for other two pork chops
Hyper Caramelized Onions
- Chop round onions
- Place in pan where pork was cooked (No need to clean pan…use pork juices to flavor onions)
- Slowly toss in onions until it is a caramel brown (almost see-through)
- Serve as side dish or as a topping on pork
For faster cooking time:
While cooking pork chops, pour onions around pork in empty areas of pan and let cook while pork chops are browning.
The sweetness of the browned onions stirred with the pork flavor and with the butter as a violin blends into a symphony. Mr. Happy Balance Guy could smell the aroma throughout the house as he anticipated sinking his teeth into the delicious blend. He loved it.
It was a porkalicious hit, and I share it with you, my Sweet Friend.
I hope you like it, too. (:
The Happy Balance Girl
Copyright 2011-2012 by Stacey Shimabukuro-Lui. All rights reserved.